Lemon-Pepper Ricotta Spread
- 12 rounds sliced baguette or 8 larger rounds semolina bread
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 lemon
- A few sprigs fresh thyme, leaves chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
Bake bread 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated 325 degree F oven to toast.
Gently squeeze liquid from ricotta in paper towels. Combine the ricotta with cream cheese in food processor and add the zest and juice of 1 lemon, thyme, garlic and pepper. Process until smooth and transfer to a serving dish. Serve with toast.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2008