Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups canned or packaged vegetable stock, found on soup aisle
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (found often on the baking aisle)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, 1 palm full
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1/2 palm full
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, eyeball it in the palm of your hand
- Coarse salt
- 20 blades fresh chives, chopped or snipped, for garnish
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat a soup pot over medium heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, add onion. Saute onions 5 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes, black beans and pumpkin puree. Stir to combine ingredients and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and stir in cream, curry, cumin, cayenne and salt, to taste. Simmer 5 minutes, adjust seasonings and serve garnished with chopped chives.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray