Warm Corn and Tomato Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped, whites and greens
- 3 cloves chopped garlic cloves
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 ripe lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce, recommended: Tabasco, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, eyeball it
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley leaves, to garnish
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, peppers, scallions and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add corn to the pan and allow the liquids from frozen corn to cook out, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes to the pan and the juice of 1 lime. Throw the lime halves right into the pan with the veggies, it will really punch up the flavor. Season with cumin, cayenne sauce, paprika, salt and pepper. Top with cilantro or parsley and transfer the warm salad to a serving dish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.