Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Warm Chutney Dressing
A blend of traditional and fanciful holiday flavors, this side dish is really delicious, all my favorite holiday flavors. I invented this[ recipe to bring to my in-laws at Thanksgiving time because they needed a new way to serve sweet potatoes. No overly sweet marshmallows in this. We love it!]
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raw green pumpkin seeds (also known as pepitas)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped scallions (green and white)
- 1 cup julienned roasted red pepper
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Make the Salad: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a roasting pan, combine the potatoes, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper, cumin and ginger. Stir to combine and bake until the potatoes are fork-tender and golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and cook, stirring, until toasted. Transfer the seeds to a plate and season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, scallions, and red pepper and set aside.
Make the Dressing: Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients (except for the olive oil) in a small saucepan and heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the olive oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.