Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 pound cooked peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons torn purple sage or green sage leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup peeled, seeded and diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup seeded diced tomato
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1/2 cup peeled, cored and diced green apple, optional
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl gently mix all the ingredients together except the salt and pepper and the lettuce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
To serve, remove the separated lettuce leaves from the iced water, dry well and put on a serving platter. Add a couple of spoonfuls of the crab mixture into the center of the leaves, fold over and eat!
Thank you! your flag was submitted.