Grilled Chicken Breast Cacciatore
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 4 green bell peppers, sliced julienne
- 4 red bell peppers, sliced julienne
- 3 cups white mushrooms, cleaned and quarter-cut (about 1 pound)
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, large dice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots (about 3 to 4)
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic (about 7 to 8 cloves)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (about 1/2 bunch)
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped (about 1/2 bunch)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 (4 to 5-ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- Polenta as an accompaniment, recipe follows
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- Grated Parmesan
Heat oil in a large saucepot and saute onions, peppers and mushrooms until onions begin to turn translucent and peppers begin to soften. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato juice, shallots, garlic, basil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer 45 minutes until medium thickness.
Preheat a grill to high.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill on both sides until cooked through. Arrange on serving platter and spoon sauce around. Serve with a side of polenta (as you would mashed potatoes), and remaining sauce in a gravy boat.Polenta:
Saute onion in butter until softened. Add water and stir in polenta. Cook on low heat, stirring often, for about 40 minutes until tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Chicken Thighs Cacciatore with Super Smashed Garlic Potatoes, Grilled Chicken Breast Stuffed with Goat Cheese with Smoked Chile Cilantro Sauce, Yogurt Grilled Chicken Breast with Pineapple Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, Gnocchi Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Chicken, Panna Cotta Recipes, Chicken Piccata Recipes