- 2 1/2 pounds ground llama
- 1 pound 80/20 blend or 75/25 blend ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
Blend the llama and ground beef in a large bowl, being careful not to over blend as that will create a denser burger. Add the egg, bread crumbs, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, feta, and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well and form into 8 equal round patties, no more than 3/4-inch thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, allowing the ingredients and flavors to blend together.
Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
Add the burgers to the grill and cook until desired doneness is achieved, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. Remove and arrange on serving plates over sliced tomatoes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and garnish with chopped scallions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Opa! Burgers - (winning Alternative Burger), Lamb Burgers with Caramelized Red Onions, Mayoli and Feta, Home-Ground Burgers with Bacon, Cheese and Fresh Thyme, Beef Bourguignon Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Easy Dinner, Easy Baking, Baked Chicken Recipes