- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- Four 8 to 10 ounce pork chops
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 cup apple (1/2-inch diced)
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon (medium dice)
- 1/4 cup red onion (julienne)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup celery leaves
In a large saute pan over high heat, warm the oil. Then sprinkle the chops with the salt and pepper. Add the chops to the warmed oil, and then reduce the heat to medium. Sear the chops until browned, 4 to 5 minutes on the first side, and then flip and repeat the process on the second side. After cooking on the second side, remove the pork from the pan and drain out excess oil from the pan.
To prepare the apple bacon salad: Return the pan to medium-high heat. Then add the oil, apples, bacon, onions and salt to the pan. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring throughout. Add the balsamic and sugar, and then reduce the vinegar for 2 minutes. After reducing, remove the pan from the stove and stir in the butter until smooth. Add the celery leaves.
Serve the chops with a choice of sides and finish with the apple bacon salad.