- 1 1/2 pounds fresh salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 eggs, well mixed or whisked
- 1/2 cup Asian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup thousand island or remoulade sauce
- Four 5-inch buns
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 1 lemon
- French fries, as side serving
To prepare the cakes, fine dice the salmon and then place in a mixing bowl. Add the seafood seasoning and eggs and mix well. Then add a small amount of breadcrumbs if needed; the mixture should be moist but not binding together. Portion into 4 even, flat cakes, 5 inches by 1/3 inch.
Warm a flat griddle surface until 300 degrees F, and then add oil and allow the oil to warm also. Then dust the exterior of the cakes with the remaining breadcrumbs and place on the oil. Cook on the first side, allowing to brown for 2 to 3 minutes, and then flip and repeat on the second side.
During this time, in a bowl, blend the lettuce and dressing, mixing well. Toast the buns on the griddle.
Once the cakes are cooked and golden brown, place on the bun on a plate and add a portion of tossed lettuce, a tomato slice and then the cake. Finish with a drizzle of lemon. Enjoy served with fries.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.