- For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, from about 3 or 4 sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- For the salad:
- 1 head arugula, soaked to remove all grit, stiff spines of leaves removed, dried in a salad spinner, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 small seedless watermelon, such as Crimson Sweet (or your choice, as long as the seeds are removed) cut into 1-inch cubes or into 1-inch spheres with a melon baller
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cubed
Prepare vinaigrette just before use. Through the feed opening of a running blender, add 1 at a time: champagne vinegar, lemon juice, chopped mint, salt and pepper. Leaving the blender running, add the oil in a slow stream. Adjust seasoning, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine with Brian O'Reilly, copyright 2007, HarperCollins Publishers, All Rights Reserved.