- For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, from about 3 or 4 sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- For the salad:
- 1 head arugula, soaked to remove all grit, stiff spines of leaves removed, dried in a salad spinner, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 small seedless watermelon, such as Crimson Sweet (or your choice, as long as the seeds are removed) cut into 1-inch cubes or into 1-inch spheres with a melon baller
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cubed
Prepare vinaigrette just before use. Through the feed opening of a running blender, add 1 at a time: champagne vinegar, lemon juice, chopped mint, salt and pepper. Leaving the blender running, add the oil in a slow stream. Adjust seasoning, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Toss together arugula and onion. Fold in watermelon. Gently stir in enough of the vinaigrette to coat. Top with feta cheese. Serve with any extra dressing on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.