Hot Chile Grilled Pork Rounds with Avocado-Mango Salsa over Couscous
- 1 cup diced ripe mango
- 1 cup diced ripe California avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped and seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) box couscous
- 12 ounces cooked sliced pork tenderloin rounds (1/2-inch thick rounds)
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil
In a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add couscous, stir and cover. Remove from heat. After 5 minutes remove cover, fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile, set a stove-top grill pan over medium-high heat to preheat. Brush both sides of pork slices with hot chili oil and season with salt and black pepper. Add slices to hot pan and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
Serve pork over couscous with salsa spooned on top.