Mulligatawny Stew Over Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 1/2 cups (two 14.5-ounce cans) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 -ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups instant rice, cooked
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until the vegetables soften, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the curry powder, stir to coat, and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and coconut milk and simmer 4 minutes.
Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the rice into bowls and top with the mulligatawny stew.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.