Salmon Fillets in Potato Crust
- 2 skinless salmon fillets, each about 6 to 8 ounces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of "instant" potato mashed potato buds or flakes
- 1 tablespoon each olive oil and butter
Run your fingers over the salmon and, with tweezers, remove any stray bones. Combine the lemon juice and olive oil and rub this into the salmon and season the fillets lightly with salt and pepper. Dip the salmon in the potato flakes, patting them down to make sure they stick.
Heat the butter and oil in a non stick skillet. Saute the salmon for 2 minutes a side or until golden the insides should be a trace underdone. Serve with lemon wedges over endive salad or with buttered cucumbers in tarragon.
An alternative way to cook these is to preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Coat with cooking spray a wire rack set over a baking pan. Set the fillets on the prepared rack and bake for 10 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater