Chai Ice Cream in Caramel Cups
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup brewed Chai tea, chilled
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Caramel squares
- Sliced almonds for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Soften the ice cream in a large bowl. Add the tea and spices and mix until thoroughly combined. Pack and re-freeze at least 2 hours.
Unwrap the caramel squares and place them on the baking sheet spaced about 2 inches apart. Bake until melted and softened. Place another piece of parchment on top and press the caramel into a circle. Cool another 2 minutes. Peel the caramel circles off the parchment and press into mini muffin pans to form a small cup shape. Cool completely.
Scoop ice cream into cups and garnish with almonds.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee