- 1 1/2 cups frozen yellow corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cut okra
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons white sauce mix (recommended: Knorr)
- 1 (15-ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped pimento, drained
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine corn, okra and 1 tablespoon water. Cover with damp paper towels and microwave on high setting for 7 to 8 minutes.
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, whisk together milk and white sauce mix. Bring to boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to simmer and continue stirring for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add cooked corn and okra, butter beans and chopped pimento to white sauce. Return to medium heat and heat through. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2008