Crown Roast with Sourdough Dressing
- Crown Roast:
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 packet green peppercorn marinade mix
- 1 packet zesty herb and garlic seasoning mix
- 7 to 8 pound pork crown roast
- Sourdough Dressing:
- 4 hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 packet onion mushroom soup mix
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can golden mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 6 cups sourdough croutons
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.Crown Roast:
In a shallow roasting pan, combine the Worcestershire sauce, green peppercorn marinade mix, and herb seasoning mix. Place the crown roast into pan, bone ends up. Wrap the bone ends with aluminum foil to prevent them from browning too quickly. Using a pastry brush or spoon, coat the entire meat surface with the sauce mixture. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes per pound of meat, about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.Sourdough Dressing:
In a large nonstick skillet, saute the sausages until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion mushroom soup mix, vegetable broth, and golden mushroom soup. Stir in the thyme, marjoram, parsley, and croutons. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove the roast from the oven about 45 minutes before it is done. Fill the cavity with the sourdough dressing. Return the roast to the oven and cook for the remaining 45 minutes. Transfer the crown roast to a platter and replace the foil with paper frills.
Note: The extra stuffing can be baked separately.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller