Fig and Prosciutto Crostata
- 1 pre-made pie crust (recommended: Pillsbury)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (recommended: Philadelphia)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free citrus herb seasoning (recommended: Spice Islands)
- 1/2 (10-ounce) jar fig preserves (recommended: St. Dalfour)
- 1 (3-ounce) package prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place the pie crust onto a baking sheet. Spread the cream cheese over the crust leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with the citrus herb seasoning. Top with fig preserves. Fold border over fig spread and top with prosciutto strips.
Lightly beat egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Use a pastry brush to brush edge of crust with egg wash. Bake in oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee