Fig and Prosciutto Crostata
- 1 pre-made pie crust (recommended: Pillsbury)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (recommended: Philadelphia)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free citrus herb seasoning (recommended: Spice Islands)
- 1/2 (10-ounce) jar fig preserves (recommended: St. Dalfour)
- 1 (3-ounce) package prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place the pie crust onto a baking sheet. Spread the cream cheese over the crust leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with the citrus herb seasoning. Top with fig preserves. Fold border over fig spread and top with prosciutto strips.
Lightly beat egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Use a pastry brush to brush edge of crust with egg wash. Bake in oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Winey Figs, Prosciutto and Ricotta Crostini, Fall Figs Stuffed with Stilton Cheese, Wrapped in Prosciutto and Chateau Elan Port Wine Syrup, Prosciutto Parmesan Biscuits, Asian Appetizer Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Pastry