Grilled Grand Marnier French Toast with Strawberries
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- For French Toast:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier), optional
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 thick slices bread, cut in 1/2 diagonally
- Whipped topping (recommended: Cool Whip)
In a large bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, and liqueur. Let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, liqueur, and sugar. Coat each slice of bread on both sides with egg mixture. Place coated bread slices on hot oiled grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
To serve, place 1 piece of French toast on plate. Top with strawberries and whipped topping. Add another slice of French toast and repeat.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
Grilled Striped Bass with Cauliflower and Tomatoes with Caperberries and Black Olives with Parsley Salad
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell