Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
- Peach salsa:
- 1/2 red onion, diced (reserve the other half for Online Round 2 Recipe Orzo Soup with Pork)
- 2 peaches, halved, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pork chops:
- 5 pork chops, end cut
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl toss all of the salsa ingredients together and set aside.
Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Brush the pork chops with the oil. In a small bowl combine the chili powder, salt and pepper. Generously sprinkle the rub over both sides of each pork chop. Grill the chops until cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side. (Set 1 chop aside for Online Round 2 Recipe, Orzo Soup with Pork.) Arrange the chops on a serving platter and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Serve the chops with the peach salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse