Grilled Sausage with Tuscan Beans
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage or one 6-count package
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained and juice reserved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- One 15-ounce can red beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- Round 2 Recipe - Three Layer Bean Dip:
- 3 pita pockets, each cut into 8 wedges
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- One 15-ounce can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons dressing, reserved from Grilled Sausage with Tuscan Beans, recipe above
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup Tuscan Beans, reserved from Grilled Sausage with Tuscan Beans, recipe above
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
Preheat a grill over medium heat.
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, reserved juice from the can of tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the dressing for the Round 2 Recipe Three Layer Bean Dip. Add the beans, diced tomatoes and basil, and toss to coat. Reserve 1 cup of the bean mixture for the Round 2 Recipe Three Layer Bean Dip. Serve the remaining beans with the grilled sausage.Round 2 Recipe - Three Layer Bean Dip:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread the pita wedges on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until crispy, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and lemon zest and mix until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of a medium dip bowl.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the red beans, reserved dressing and a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and puree until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, then add a few tablespoons of water to thin. Spread the bean puree over the cream cheese mixture.
Tyler's Ultimate Chili Dog(00:03:40)
Grilled Hot Dogs/Pickle Relish(00:01:44)
Guy's Killer Inside-Out Burger(00:04:46)
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Sausage Kebabs With Pasta Salad, Grilled Spicy Sausages with Onion Marmalade, Grilled Lamb Sausage with Goat Cheese, Heirloom Tomatoes, Olives and Herbs, Grilling Recipes, Barbecuing, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Andouille Sausage Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes