Mixed Berry Crumble
- 2 (12-ounce) bags frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/4 cup quick cooking tapioca (recommended: Minute)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- For crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup baking mix
- 3/4 cup whole-grain cereal
- 1 cup almond biscotti (about 4 to 5 cookies), crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Serving suggestions: vanilla ice cream or whipped topping
Cover and cook on high setting for 2 to 4 hours.
For crumble topping:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, 30 minutes before serving, Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine crumble topping ingredients. Spread out on prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 18 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
Sprinkle crumble topping over warm berry mixture.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or with whipped topping., if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2007