Racin' Raspberry Shortcake
- 3/4 pound raspberries plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur (recommended: Chambord)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 container whipped topping
- 10 shortbread cookies (recommended: Pepperidge Farm Chessmen or Walkers Shortbread)
- 1 orange, zested
Combine raspberries, sugar, liqueur and orange juice concentrate in a bowl and combine with rubber spatula. Transfer to medium saucepan.
Place saucepan on the side burner of a propane grill, heat mixture on medium heat. Let simmer for 5 to 7 minutes to make compote.
Combine the orange extract and whipped topping and set aside.
On a serving platter, place 1 shortbread cookie face up, top with a spoonful of raspberry compote, a dollop of whipped topping, and place a second cookie (or other half of shortbread biscuit) on top. Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping, several raspberries and orange zest.