- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups red onion, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles (recommended: Ortega)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (recommended: Ro'tel)
- 3 cups leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- 1 (16-ounce) jar chunky salsa (recommended: Pace)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat vegetable oil in a large oven-safe skillet, over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until soft. Add green chiles, diced tomatoes, leftover turkey and salsa. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with tortilla chips and then cheese. Place skillet in oven and bake for about 20 minutes.