- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons crushed dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large portobello mushroom caps, cleaned, and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 (12-ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
In a large skillet, combine the oil, pepper flakes, oregano, and garlic. Place the skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until aromatic.
Add the mushrooms and roasted peppers and cook, stirring, until heated through. Serve immediately with meat, chicken or fish.
Variation: If making as a vegetarian main dish, add 1/2 bag chopped spinach and 2 scallions, sliced thinly. Serve with couscous or noodles.