Schooner Ellida Shore Dinner
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped, or substitute 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 packages smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 (5 pound) bag baby red potatoes, or about 4 to 5 baby red potatoes per person
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Large bottle white wine, such as Chablis
- 2 tablespoons garlic pepper
- 1 dozen (1 1/2 pound) live Maine lobsters
- 8 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 4 pounds mussels, or steamer clams, still in shells and washed thoroughly
- 2 cups melted butter
In a very large pot with heavy lid, layer leeks, kielbasa, baby red potatoes, and parsley. Cover completely with white wine. Add garlic pepper. Add live lobsters. Top with corn on the cob and finally mussels or steamer clams. Cover tightly and cook over a propane cooker on the beach, or on a stovetop over high heat. Watch for steam starting to escape from the pot. When it does, set timer for 20 to 25 minutes. When done, you should smell the kielbasa and the mussels should be open completely. Lobsters should be bright red in color. Lift out dinner ingredients onto bed of seaweed or large platters. Serve in large bowls with melted butter on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.