- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
Mango Mojo Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small hot red chile, stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Diced red pepper, for garnish
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
For the chicken:
In large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the almonds and saute until golden. Add rice and cook 1 minute more. Stir in chicken stock and cover saucepan. Let simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked. Mix in cilantro, chicken, scallions, beans, avocado and diced pepper.
For mango mojo dressing:
In small heavy skillet over medium heat place the cumin seeds and toast until fragrant (about 2 minutes). In mini food processor combine the toasted cumin, garlic, chili, and salt. Grind to coarse paste. Add olive oil, mango, orange juice and lime juice.
Return mixture to skillet and heat until warm.
Drizzle chicken mixture with half the mango mojo dressing and toss. Spoon into serving dish and garnish with red pepper and cilantro sprigs.