Southwestern Chicken with Mango-Peach Salsa
- For Chicken:
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 3 tablespoons Sandra Lee's All-Purpose Rub, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- For Salsa:
- 8 ounces frozen peach slices, diced small
- 8 ounces frozen mango chunks, diced small
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sweet and Sassy All-Purpose Rub:
- 2 (1.25-ounce) packets original chili seasoning
- 3 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Set up grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
Rinse and pat dry chicken breast; set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together All-Purpose Rub, cumin, and cayenne. Gently pat onto all sides of chicken breasts using all the rub mix; set aside while preparing salsa.
Place chicken on hot oiled grill. Grill chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side or until done.
Serve chicken hot with salsa.Sweet and Sassy All-Purpose Rub:
Combine all ingredients. Store in air-tight container in cool dry place or freezer.
Southwestern-Style Fried Chicken Wings with Kicked-Up Jalapeno Poppers and a Creamy Chipotle-Cilantro Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse