- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (white portion only)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 round loaf crusty bread (country white, pumpernickel, etc.)
In a blender or food processor, finely mince the garlic and scallions. Add the remaining ingredients, except the bread and paprika and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Refrigerate for up to 2 days. Just before serving, make a bread bowl: Cut about an inch off the top of the round of bread and save it for a lid. Remove the bread from the center, hollowing out the loaf. Stir the dip well and place in the bread bowl. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Serve the removed bread chunks along with crudites for dipping.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.