- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 3/4 pound broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
In a small non-reactive bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, ketchup, garlic, ginger and green onion. Pour 1/2 of this sauce over chicken strips and let stand while you prep veggies.
Heat 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil over medium high heat in a non-stick wok pan. Add chicken and cook, stirring often until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan, set aside. Wipe pan clean. Add remaining teaspoon of sesame oil. Heat over medium high heat, add all veggies, immediately season with salt. Cook, stirring often until veggies have browned a little and are starting to soften, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add remaining marinade and chicken to veggies. Reduce heat to medium low and cook until veggies are tender, about 3 minutes more.