Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
- 16 fresh zucchini (courgette) flowers
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 ounces mozzarella, chopped
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 oven-dried tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
Gently pull the stamen out of each zucchini flower. Set the flowers aside.
Beat the flour, eggs, and salt together in a bowl until they are smooth. Beat in the milk. Set the batter aside.
Heat the oil to a depth of 2 inches in a heavy saucepan or a wok.
Dip the stuffed flowers into the batter, allowing any excess to run off. Fry the flowers until they turn light gold, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain them on absorbent paper as they are done. Sprinkle them lightly with salt and serve them while they are warm.
All Recipes courtesy Adam Tihany