- 3 pounds red bliss potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Special equipment: potato masher
In a large pot, cover potatoes and garlic with water by 1-inch. Bring to a boil, add salt and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and garlic well. Put back in the pot and cook over low heat to evaporate the rest of the water. Mash in the butter. Add heavy cream in stages until desired consistency reached. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.