Sunny's Easy Chorizo and Bean Tacos
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo, casing removed and discarded
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a rasp
- One 16-ounce can refried beans with green chiles
- Eight to twelve 6-inch flour tortillas, kept warm in the oven
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack blend
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Cholula
In a cast-iron or heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the chorizo and garlic, breaking up the chorizo with a wooden spoon to resemble ground meat. Cook through. Add the refried beans with a little water, if necessary, to get a smooth, not-too-dry consistency, and stir to combine with the chorizo and onions.
Make the tacos. Arrange the tortillas on a plate using two for each taco. Add the chorizo mixture, cheese, a few radish slices, a few cilantro leaves and a shake of hot sauce. Repeat for the remaining tortillas and filling.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson