- 2 quarts oil, for deep-frying
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast (pounded thin)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 quart favorite store-bought marinara sauce
- White sauce, recipe follows
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
Mix all seasonings together then divide into 2 parts. Season chicken breast with half of the seasoning on both sides. Add half of remaining seasoning and 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley to bread crumbs and mix. Dip chicken in flour, then in eggs, then in bread crumbs. Fry chicken until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes). Simmer the marinara sauce in saucepan over medium heat. Place 2 slices of mozzarella cheese on each breast. Pour the warmed marinara sauce over the cheese, drizzle with White Sauce and serve.
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the garlic and heavy cream in a medium saucepan, until simmering. Turn off heat, add butter, and whisk vigorously until fully incorporated. Add 1 tablespoon fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.