- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 10 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces corned beef, such as Carl Buddig, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Large corn chips, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut an oval in the top of the load of bread, scooping out the bread in the center and make a "bread boat." Place the bread on a cooking sheet.
In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, Cheddar, beef, green onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, hot sauce and chili powder until fully combined. Spoon the mixture into the hollow center of the bread loaf. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbling, and serve warm with corn chips.
Recipe adapted from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2010
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray