Marinated Vegetable Salad
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces frozen cut green beans, defrosted and drained, or fresh green beans
- 16 ounces frozen green peas, defrosted and drained, or fresh shelled green peas
- 1 1/2 cups thinly chopped celery (about 4 stalks)
- One 2-ounce jar chopped pimientos
- 2 small sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
Bring the sugar and vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the oil and salt and set aside to cool.
Serve with a slotted spoon to drain the excess oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.