Tropical Sunshine Flatcakes with Orange Cream
Contest 43 and Audrey Madyun, Toledo, OH - 2008 Finalist. www.pillsbury.com/bakeoff Tired of the same old pancakes? Head for the tropics[ with a unique and tasty breakfast.]
- 1 tablespoon CRISCO(r) Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Fisher(r) Chef's Naturals(r) Pecan Chips
- 1 can (13.9 oz) Pillsbury(r) refrigerated orange flavor sweet rolls with icing (8 rolls)
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES(r) Butter
- 2 firm ripe medium bananas, sliced (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup fresh or canned, drained, pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (15 oz) Mandarin orange segments in light syrup, drained
- 1 jar (12 oz) SMUCKER'S(r) Pineapple Ice Cream Topping
- Orange Cream:
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- Icing from can of sweet rolls
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously brush 1 tablespoon oil on 1 large cookie sheet or 2 small cookie sheets.
Cut waxed paper or cooking parchment paper into 16 (6-inch square) sheets. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 teaspoons pecans on 1 sheet of parchment. Place 1 orange roll on pecans; sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons pecans on top of roll. Top with another waxed paper square. Using rolling pin, roll evenly until orange roll is 4 1/2 inches in diameter; remove waxed paper. Place roll on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining rolls, placing 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Set icing aside.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add bananas, lime juice and pineapple; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low. Gently stir in pineapple topping; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warmed. Gently stir in orange segments.
High altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
(r)CRISCO is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company
Fisher is a registered trademark of John B. Sanfilippo and Son, Inc. Elk Grove Village, IL 60007-6057 U.S.A.
(r)Land O' Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O' Lakes, Inc.
(r)/(tm) Smucker's, Smucker's Squeeze and Smucker's Sundae Syrups are trademarks of The J.M. Smucker Company
Thank you! your flag was submitted.