Cold Summer Soup
- 4 hothouse cucumbers, peeled and cut in medium dice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled and cut into medium dice
- 1 serrano chile, chopped fine
- 1 rib celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Leaves from 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Combine the cucumbers, green onions, melon, chile, celery, vinegar, herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt in a large bowl (the cucumbers will give off a lot of juice). Put the bowl in a large pot of ice water to chill for 30 minutes. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, a 2-count of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, the parsley, and refrigerate. To serve, spoon the soup into bowls.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.