- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 1 fresh red chile, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pinch sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Several dashes hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Combine the cabbage, carrots, red onion, green onions, and chile in a large bowl. In another bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, and sugar. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss gently to mix. Season the cole slaw with the celery seed, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper. Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence