Crisp Soba Noodles
- 1 package soba noodles* (400 grams or about 14 ounces) or thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, plus more for frying
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 bunch scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 1 -inch piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- *available in the Asian section of your market
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the soba noodles until done, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the noodles but do not rinse them. Drizzle the sesame oil over them and toss them well. Add the sesame seeds, scallions, cilantro, and ginger. Mix well to combine the ingredients.
Heat a non stick or cast iron pan over medium heat. Add a bit of sesame oil to the skillet. Layer the noodle mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cook the noodles, stirring often, until they are brown and crispy, about 15 minutes. Serve as a side dish or use them as a garnish for soups or salads.
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence