Mussels in Green Olive Sauce
- Green Olive Sauce:
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds mussels, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 head garlic, cut in 1/2
- 1 red chile, cut in 1/2
- 1/2 lemon
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine
For the Green Olive Sauce, put everything into a food processor and process until almost smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Rinse the mussels and check them over; discard any that do not close when tapped. In a large heavy bottomed pot with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, garlic, chile, lemon, and thyme and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the mussels and give them a stir. Pour in the white wine, cover, and cook, shaking the pot occasionally, until all the mussels have opened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the Green Olive Sauce, pour the mussels onto a platter, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.