Veggie Kabobs with Herb and Garlic Marinade
- 2 medium red or white potatoes
- 1 cup firm or extra-firm tofu chunks
- 1 cup red, yellow or green bell pepper chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup red onion chunks
- 1 cup white button mushrooms
- 1 cup zucchini or yellow squash chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Marinade, recipe follows
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cook potatoes in salted water until fork tender; let cool and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place potatoes and the vegetables in a shallow dish or container. Pour marinade over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat.
Remove vegetables from the marinade, reserving marinade. Thread vegetables onto skewers, alternating colors. Cook skewers on grill until vegetables are lightly charred all over, about 10 minutes, basting with reserved marinade and turning occasionally.Marinade:
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. The marinade can be prepared in advance and held covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy VegNews Magazine