Season 5, Episode 7
See Tune-In Times
It's high class without high cash as Michael hosts another low cost, high impact meal that will save you time and money entertaining. With recipes for Bean Cassoulet with; Fennel Spiced Chicken and Roasted Vegetables; Roasted Peppers and Pecorino Cheese; Toasted Coconut Flan
Day Before Party:
- Roast Peppers on burner or hot plate. Steam roasted peppers in a paper bag for a few minutes.
- Combine fennel seeds, white pepper corn, and coriander. Roast the seeds dry in a sauté pan, and grind the mixture with some gray salt. Put in a container and save for the party.
- Peal, remove seeds, and tear apart roasted peppers. Season with salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Plate, cover, and refrigerate peppers for the party.
Day of the Party:
- Toast shredded coconut for flan dessert.
- Cut and blanche brussel sprouts for cassoulet.
- Combine and simmer coconut milk, milk, and cream in a sauce pan for flan dessert. Add toasted coconut.
- Slice and caramelize onions, Parsnips, peeled celery and carrots for cassoulet. Add blanched brussel sprouts and season with salt, pepper, and fennel spice rub.
- Separate chicken for cassoulet, heavily season with fennel spice rub, and caramelize in pan.
1 Hour Before Party:
- Slice pancetta, add a couple cloves of garlic, and cook in your cast iron pan. Once caramelized add white beans, chicken, and vegetables. Bake cassoulet.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolks together. Strain in coconut milk mixture. Make caramel for flan dessert. Ladle caramel and custard into mason jars and bake in the oven in a water bath. Remove from mason jars after dinner and serve.
- Slice pecorino cheese and add to roasted peppers with Italian parsley.
Eat and Enjoy!