Last-Minute Wisdom: 15 Chefs Share Insider Advice with the Finalists
We're just days away from Sunday's Food Network Star, Season 12 premiere (at 9|8c), and while it's likely too late for the finalists to make drastic improvements to their culinary chops and suddenly master the art of talking on camera, it wouldn't hurt them to come into the competition with some helpful tips in mind. That's where current Food Network stars come in. Guy Fieri, Rachael Ray, Geoffrey Zakarian and, of course, the mentors, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis — these icons and others have seen their share of competitions, and many have competed in them as well, so they know just what it takes to succeed. Read on below to hear the expert tips and industry know-how they have for the contestants.
- Chefs Answer: What's the Job of a Food Network Star Like?
- What Not to Do to Succeed on Food Network Star
- Exclusive: Bobby on the Importance of Focus, the Meaning of Star Power and the Advice He Follows
- Exclusive: Giada on the "Ballet" of Camera Work, Plus Her Take on the Job of a Food Network Star
- New Interviews with All 12 Rivals
- Finalists Reveal Their Culinary Mentors
- Watch: Finalists' Casting Videos
Tune in to the premiere of Food Network Star on Sunday at 9|8c.