Best 5 Thanksgiving Leftovers
You've planned for your Thanksgiving dinner, prepared the meal and hosted the holiday party, and you're now looking at a refrigerator full of leftovers. While simply reheating the fixings and enjoying a next-day feast is surely a can-do approach to tackling what remains, try reinventing the turkey, potatoes and vegetables into all-new dishes, like an easy-to-make frittata or over-the-top sandwich. Read on below for Food Network's top-five Thanksgiving leftovers ideas, then head over to Thanksgiving Central for more leftover inspiration.
5. Turkey Pot Pie — Made with leftover turkey meat instead of the traditional chicken, this comforting pot pie boasts a buttery premade pie crust, so it's a cinch to prepare.
4. Turkey Frittata — An all-in-one breakfast featuring creamy eggs, boiled potatoes and bell peppers, this potato-studded frittata is topped with a blanket of cheese and turns fluffy after just a few minutes in the oven.
3. Grilled Turkey, Brie and Apple Butter Sandwich — This isn't your ordinary turkey sandwich. Piled high with juicy fresh turkey and gooey cheeses, this hot sandwich takes less than 15 minutes to make and features one key special ingredient: apple butter, which promises richness and subtle sweetness in the sandwich.
2. Turkey Vegetable Soup with Stuffing Dumplings — Let stuffing shine in this big-batch soup recipe by balling up the bread casserole with whisked eggs and seasonings to create hearty dumplings.
1. Turkey Tetrazzini — If you're looking to feed a crowd of lingering holiday houseguests, Tyler Florence's big-batch tetrazzini (pictured above) is a go-to pick. Tyler uses turkey instead of chicken and tosses the pasta with a smooth mushroom sauce before baking.