Big Daddy Spicy Beef Salad
- 4 chipotle chilies, stemmed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons divided
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 to 2-pound) flank steak
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Pinch sugar
- 6 to 8 cups mesclun greens, washed and dried
Add the chipotles, 1/2 cup olive oil and the lime juice to a food processor or blender and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pulse until it becomes a thick puree. Coat the flank steak with the chipotle mixture and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
Preheat a grill to high heat.
Add the jalapenos, cilantro, red peppers, red onion, peanuts, orange juice, soy sauce, sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large bowl. Toss the ingredients well to combine. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste, and set the bowl aside.
When the flank steak has finished marinating, put it on the preheated grill and grill each side for 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for about 8 to 10 minutes. Slice the steak thinly against the grain, and begin assembling your salad immediately.
Put the meslun greens on each serving plate and spoon some of the jalapeno mixture over the greens. Top with the sliced flank steak, serve and enjoy.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.