Iceberg Wedge with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, cored
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Slice the lettuce into thick wedges. In a medium-sized bowl, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, salt and pepper, to taste, hot sauce, chives, garlic, and lemon juice. Whisk together, then slowly fold in the blue cheese crumbles. Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with tomatoes, avocado, and bacon. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.