- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, halved
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno, roasted and peeled
- 1 zucchini, quartered and seeds removed
- 1 leek, root trimmed but intact, quartered lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounce tenderloin piece, "butterflied" in a spiral to look like a flank steak
- 1 red pepper, roasted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons chiffonaded basil
Cook the sliced garlic in the oil until it is brown, then set aside to cool.
Preheat a grill.
Grill the garlic-oil vegetables over high heat until soft, and then cool.
Season the tenderloin and rub with some of the oil mixture.
Grill the meat for 4 to 5 minutes per side, and set aside to rest.
Cut all the grilled vegetables and the red pepper into large pieces. Toss with the remaining garlic oil, basil, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Plate the meat with the vegetables.