Tuna Salad Undone
- 6 to 8 ounces ventresca canned tuna, packed in olive oil
- 4 leaves butter lettuce, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon nonpareil capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped hard-boiled egg
- 1 tablespoon micro greens
- 1/4 teaspoon black lava sea salt
- 1/2 lemon
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Carefully remove the tuna from the can, leaving the loin pieces intact. Reserve the olive oil. Place the tuna in the refrigerator while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Divide the lettuce between 2 plates and carefully lay the tuna atop the leaves. Top with the shallot, bell pepper, capers, hard-boiled egg and micro greens. Sprinkle with black lava sea salt. Drizzle the salad with the reserved olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown, 2008