- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 pint BBQ sauce (recommended: Dancing Pigs Original Bar-B-Que Sauce)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dry seasoning rub (recommended: Dancing Pigs Dry Seasoning)
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 3 pounds spaghetti
- 1 pound cooked pork shoulder, diced
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add barbecue sauce, sugar, seasonings, and liquid smoke. Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When sauce is 15 minutes from being ready, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain pasta and then transfer to a large serving bowl. Pour sauce over the pasta and toss. Top with pork shoulder. Serve immediately.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of The Bar-B-Q Shop