- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 pint BBQ sauce (recommended: Dancing Pigs Original Bar-B-Que Sauce)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dry seasoning rub (recommended: Dancing Pigs Dry Seasoning)
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 3 pounds spaghetti
- 1 pound cooked pork shoulder, diced
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add barbecue sauce, sugar, seasonings, and liquid smoke. Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When sauce is 15 minutes from being ready, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain pasta and then transfer to a large serving bowl. Pour sauce over the pasta and toss. Top with pork shoulder. Serve immediately.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy The Bar-B-Q Shop