Berry Walnut Salad
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, regular or low fat
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup precooked wheat berries
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 McIntosh apple, cored and finely diced
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
In the bottom of a mixing bowl blend the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon rind and juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Blend in the walnuts, wheat berries, celery, bell pepper, apple and adjust the seasoning. Serve over lettuce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.